Central continues to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate. Central’s employment philosophy, for example, consists of three key employment strategies to sustain its Northern Territory operations:
- Family Values for Working Families – Central maximises the number of employees who can commute daily from their homes in Alice Springs.
- Northern Territory for Northern Territorians– Central needs to employ people at remote locations. To the maximum extent possible those employees will be based at Alice Springs rather than depending on Fly-In-Fly-Out workers from elsewhere in Australia.
- Traditional Values for Traditional Owners– Central is committed to training and employing people on whose land we operate and indigenous employees generally. Already, 23% of our operational employees in the Northern Territory are indigenous.
Central’s focus on positive community contributions allows our current operations to achieve:
- 54% of our staff in the Northern Territory are locally employed
- 23% of our staff in the Northern Territory are indigenous
- $2M extra local economic activity annually
- Over $4M in Northern Territory and CLC Royalties annually (only onshore gas pays royalties to the Northern Territory).